Hey Everybody, long time no see.
I have a little treat for you, and it took me a while to make.
I have completed the FIRST ROUND of my 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT. YAY!!
Please, hold the applause.
Without further ado….
1. Detroit Lions- Matthew Stafford (QB, Georgia)
– If he is not taken, the Lions are doomed to failure for the next 10 seasons. It’s like a bad omen.
2. St. Louis Rams- Jason Smith (OT, Baylor)
– The Rams need a lot of pieces to the puzzle, so why not start with a beastly lineman?
3. Kansas City Chiefs – Eugene Monroe (OT, Virginia)
– The Chiefs would like to address their offensive woes first and foremost. Sorry Curry
4. Seattle Seahawks – Mark Sanchez (QB, USC)
– Matt Hasselbeck is getting old, and Seattle is getting a little tired of it.
5. Cleveland Browns – Michael Crabtree (WR, Texas Tech)
– The Browns are going to try their hand at drafting a good wide receiver this time… (Cough* Braylon *Cough)
6. Cincinnati Bengals – Aaron Curry (LB, Wake Forest)
– The Bengals NEED play makers, and that’s what Curry is. Unless he doesn’t make it this far…
7. Oakland Raiders – Jeremy Maclin (WR, Mizzou)
– Someone needs to catch up to those cannon shots Russell is launching down field…
8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Andre Smith (OT, Alabama)
– The Jaguars NEED somebody to protect the QB, so why not Smith?
9. Green Bay Packers – BJ Raji (DE, Boston College)
– I don’t even know what to say, the Packers need a lot of help, everywhere.
10. San Francisco 49ers – Brian Orakpo (DE/LB, Texas)
– Orakpo is a very athletic and strong hybrid player. Willis + Orakpo = Dynamic Duo
11. Buffalo Bills – Aaron Maybin (DE/LB, Penn State)
– Maybin would be an excellent piece to the non-existent pass rush they have…
12. Denver Broncos – Rey Maualuga (LB, USC)
– I say Maualuga here, but it could easily be Clay Mathews(LB) or even Chris Wells (RB).
13. Washington Redskins – Everette Brown (DE, Florida State)
– After losing Jason Taylor, it’s only fitting to fill the gap. And Brown is a pretty good replacement.
14. New Orleans Saints – Malcom Jenkins (FS, Ohio State)
– The Saints need a long term fit in their defensive backfield and this is their guy.
15. Houston Texans – Brian Cushing (LB, USC)
– I am taking a chance on this one. I have them taking Cushing because of his versatility.
16. San Diego Chargers – Tyson Jackson (DE, LSU)
– Jackson is a big boy who can bring some more pass rush to the Chargers.
17. New York Jets – Josh Freeman (QB, Kansas State)
– The Jets are in desperate need of a QB, and since Freeman is the only viable option to jump right in, I say him.
18. Denver Broncos – Robert Ayers (DE, Tennessee)
– The Broncos I think are going to go after a DE with this pick. RB is also an option…
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Michael Johnson (DE, Georgia Tech)
– With literally everyone being cut from Tampa, they could use a very solid pass rusher in Johnson.
20. Detroit Lions – Clay Matthews (LB, USC)
– The Lions have a HUGE need for LB, and Matthews is the best on the board.
21. Philadelphia Eagles- Knowshon Moreno (RB, Georgia)
– Moreno is a great complement to Westbrook, and could take over for him in a few years.
22. Minnesota Vikings – Eben Britton (OT, Arizona)
– Britton is a big guy designed to open up some holes for A Pete.
23. New England Patriots – Darius Butler (CB, Connecticut)
– The Patriots always have a terrible defensive backfield, and Butler is the most athletically gifted CB out there.
24. Atlanta Falcons – Evander Hood (DT, Mizzou)
– The Falcons are looking very strong for next year, and Hood bulks up that D-Line immediately.
25. Miami Dolphins – Vontae Davis (CB, Illinois)
– CB is a huge need for Miami, as well as OLB, however there are no worthy OLB on the board.
26. Baltimore Ravens – Darrius Heyward-Bey (WR, Maryland)
– WR is a big need for Joe Flacco and the Ravens, and Heyward-Bey is a fix for that.
27. Indianapolis Colts – Connor Barwin (DE, Cincinatti)
– Barwin is a rush linebacker and the Colts, who have few needs, could use another rusher.
28. Buffalo Bills – Brandon Pettigrew (TE, Oklahoma State)
– The Bills could use a second option to newly acquired T.O. , and Pettigrew is a target.
29. New York Giants – Hakeem Nicks (WR, North Carolina)
– With a certain WR in trial fighting jail time, Nicks could be a long term fix.
30. Tennessee Titans – D.J. Moore (CB, Vanderbilt)
– The Titans have almost zero needs, but CB can be improved a tad.
31. Arizona Cardinals – Chris Wells (RB, Ohio State)
– With James wanting out, Wells could be a fix here.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers – Alphonso Smith (CB, Wake Forest)
– With McFadden gone, CB is a need.
That is what I have so far.
Keep tuned for more.
ALSO, be prepared for the end of this week.
The Website will be launched by this Friday!!!
Keep ya posted, peace.